frequently asked questions
What is your COVID-19 booking policy?
What is your *cancellation policy?
Amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, we have modified our cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility to all our clients. We hope this will alleviate any stress and hesitation you have about an upcoming appointment. If you need to reschedule for whatever reason, and especially if you are not feeling well, we understand and request for you to please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule. To further support you, there will be no penalties for cancellations. *No call / no show appointments will be charged in full.
Do you take insurance?
Halcyon Bodyworks accepts limited health insurance plans with out-of-network benefits. You must verify benefits before you make an appointment. Please complete our online form and we will contact you as soon as the benefits are established. For more information visit our Insurance Information page.
I’ve never had a massage before. What should I expect?
First, we are excited you chose Halcyon Bodyworks for your first massage. We look forward to making your experience a positive one.
When you arrive your massage therapist will have you fill out a detailed health intake form. This information allows your licensed massage therapist to better understand your needs and provide you with the safest possible massage. Under HIPPA guidelines all information given to your massage therapist is confidential.
On your first visit plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to allow yourself time to settle in and fill out your paperwork.
What should I do if I’m sick?
Stay home and reschedule your appointment. Your body is working hard to fight your infection or virus, combine that with a massage to flush out toxins and your body is in overload. Conserve your energy and rest at home so you recover faster.
Plus, during your massage you’ll be lying face down, often this is uncomfortable if you are congested or have a runny nose. You should never go to a massage if you are contagious. A good rule of thumb is if you are too sick to go to work you are too sick to get a massage.
Should I leave my clothes on or get fully undressed during my massage?
Our licensed massage therapists practice industry guideline draping techniques. Draping is where the massage therapist folds and tucks the sheet around your body only exposing the areas to be massaged. The majority of our clients prefer being fulling undressed with draping. Although, if you prefer leaving your underwear on that is completely fine with the draping technique. We want you to be comfortable. On certain areas of the body like your back or glutes removing a bra strap or removing undergarments (with draping) help the massage therapist work these muscles at a greater depth.
Do I need to tip my therapist?
We appreciate and love receiving tips! However, your health and wellbeing are more important than a tip; don’t let that keep you from a massage appointment.
Which therapist should I choose?
All of our therapists are fantastic. We know this because we’ve been on the table of every therapist at Halcyon Bodyworks. To select a therapist start with their bio and see if their background and story resonates with you. Another good option is to read our reviews on Google or Yelp and select your therapist based on other referrals.
Do you have same day appointments?
Same day appointments may be available. Call us at 541-306-0988 to ask about last minute cancellations.
Do you offer refunds?
No, we do not offer refunds.
Terms & Conditions
- All clients must complete a health intake form prior to service.
- Some health conditions may prevent you from receiving massage and you may be required to have written permission from your primary health physician before service.
- If you are not sure if Massage Therapy is safe for your condition, it is your responsibility to check with your health physician prior to making your appointment.
- All information collected from the intake form and any discussions in office or during treatment will be confidential and never shared with third parties without written permission from the client.
- All massage treatments are for therapeutic purposes only. Any inappropriate behavior (drug use, excessive drinking, illicit or sexually suggestive remarks or sexual advances) will result in immediate termination of the massage session and the client will be charged the full price of the massage.
- While we do our best to avoid last minute cancellations, Halcyon Bodyworks has the right to cancel a treatment without notice if the therapist is ill, has a personal emergency or if there is inclement weather.
- Your appointment time has been reserved for you. In consideration of your therapist and fellow clients, please provide 24 hours notice of cancellation, or a cancellation fee or the full cost of the missed appointment will be charged.
- Payment for all treatments whether private or insured is the responsibility of the patient.
- By scheduling your massage you are indicating that you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
- For insurance claims, only 60-minutes will be billed. Any additional time is the responsibility of the client at the time of service.
- All NON-time of service payments will be billed at $180/hour.
under the sheets
Amethysts Are Everywhere
Well at least at Halcyon Bodyworks. Each massage table is layered with a bed of amethysts, it’s called an amethyst BioMat. Simply lying on our massage tables promotes a feeling of well-being. BioMats have been shown to relax muscles, increase local cirulation where applied, relieve minor muscle pain, joint pain, stiffness and pain associated with arthritis and overall calms the central nervous system.
224 SE Miller Ave., Bend, OR 97702
Monday – Friday:
9 am - 7 pm
Weekends 9 am - 6 pm
By appointment only, same day appointments may be available, call to ask about last minute cancellations.